Born: Adelaide, South Australia, 10 August 1941
- Adelaide, Boarding School - Woodlands CEGGS. Studied art as extra-curricular subject under Margaret Kelly Walloscheck.
- Leaving Certificate. Awarded Royal Geographical Society Prize and Medal, first in state in Geography.
- Saturday art classes at South Australian School of Art under James Cant.
Tertiary Art Education
- Full-time: South Australian School of Art (SASA) Adelaide (Diploma of Fine Art course. Teachers: Dora Chapman, James Cant, Jacqueline Hick, Udo Selbach (lithography). Evening classes in sculpture
- Full-time: Julian Ashton Art School, Sydney, under Henry Gibbons.
Evening classes, National Art School, Sydney in drawing and sculpture under Lyndon Dadswell.
- Associate Trinity College London (ATCL) in Pianoforte
Additional art studies (part-time)
- 1972 & 1975
- Lithography: Workshop Arts Centre, Willoughby (Sydney)
- 1972 & 1978
- Etching: National Art School, Sydney
- Wood-carving: Red Cedar Workshop, Sydney
- Stone-carving: Mitzi McColl, Sydney
- Sands & McDougal Prize for Drawing, South Australian School of Art
- Rowney Prize for Fine Art, South Australian School of Art
- Commonwealth Scholarship, South Australian School of Art
- Prizes and awards at Broken Hill Annual Art competitions
- Prizes and awards in local Sydney and national competitions
- John Gero Painting Prize, Macquarie University
- Print Purchase Award, Mornington Peninsula Regional Gallery
- Portia Geach Portrait Memorial Award, Commended
- Portia Geach Portrait Memorial Award, Highly Commended
The National Gallery of Australia, Canberra (27 prints: Gordon Darling Print Fund 1986 & 1992; gifted 1987 & 2005)
The Buhl Collection, New York (bronze sculpture commission, 2005)
The Hechinger Collection, International Arts & Artists, Washington, DC (sculpture/assemblage, 1999)
Herman Hebler Graphic Art Collection, Fredrikstad Museum (lithograph, 1989)
Fiatal Müvészek Klubja (FMK) Collection, Budapest Museum (lithograph, 1987)
Gallery of Modern Art, Majdanek State Museum, Lublin (lithograph, 1985)
Newcastle Region Art Gallery (bronze sculpture, 2009)
Westmead Hospital Centre, Sydney (4 lithographs, 1979)
Mornington Peninsula Regional Gallery, Victoria (lithograph, 1978)
Presentations & teaching
- Drawing Workshop & Lecture: Anatomy Through Art, Embryology Conference, Bath UK
- Lectures: Anatomy Art, University of New South Wales, Perspectives in Medical Science
- Drawing Workshops: Step into Leonardo's Shoes - Drawing Anatomical Specimens, University of New South Wales, School of Medical Sciences
- Drawing Workshop & presentation: Drawing on Rodin, National Gallery of Australia, during exhibition Rodin: A Magnificent Obsession
- Drawing & Painting classes, Strathfield-Burwood Evening College
- Drawing classes, Annandale Neighbourhood Centre
- Drawing classes, Glebe Neighbourhood Centre
Draw Like Da Vinci. 2006. London: Cassell Illustrated, Masterclass Series, 144 pp; also published in French (Eyrolles, 2007), Danish (Bogklubben, 2006), Hungarian (Kossuth, 2006).